Benefits from the STI Performance Improvement process :
- Lower Cost per Unit of Output
- Shorter Cycle Times
- Higher Levels of Product Quality and Customer Service
- More Effective Resource Utilization
- Increased Productivity
- Reduced Inventory Levels (Raw Materials, Work-In-Process [WIP] and Finished Goods)
- Competitive Advantage
- Elimination of non-value activities
- More effective Management Systems
- Identification of cost to produce, cost to maintain, cost and reasons of failure, etc.
Typically, the implementation of an STI Performance Improvement initiative yields a return on investment measured in weeks rather than years.